Superuser Elite is the Premium version of Elite. It unlocks several premium features within Superuser, including:
- PIN Protection – Secure your Superuser prompt with a PIN number so that nobody but you can grant Superuser rights to apps
- Access timeout – Allow an app to maintain Superuser rights for a set amount of time, so that you can allow certain apps access without having to remember them or press allow multiple times
- Ghost mode – Hide Superuser from your app tray and home screen. With ghost mode activated, the only way to launch it is by dialing a secret code into the dialer. The default secret code is *#*#787378737#*#*, but it can be set to whatever you want. Note that this feature will probably be disabled if your device does not have a dialer (tablets specifically).
- Advanced log management – Set the log to only store a certain number of entries before deleting the oldest entry. You also gain the ability to set certain apps to not log at all.
- Advanced notification management – Set which apps send notifications and which apps don’t
- Toast notification placement – If you choose to use Toast notifications instead of Status bar notifications, you gain the ability to set where the notification will appear; top, bottom, or center of the screen, or the default location
There’s also several features that are in the pipeline, including:
- A widget of some kind, probably showing the last several log entries, and maybe a couple basic settings like PIN toggle. I’m very open to suggestions about this.
- Root console, so that you don’t have to look for another package when you need to run console commands.
- Permissions browser, to show you what apps are granted what system permissions, along with an explanation of what each permission lets the app do.
- Recommended root apps, a list of popular root apps being used by other users.
- Granted/denied stats, a message in the prompt that tells you how many and what percentage of other users have allowed or denied the app that’s asking for superuser permissions. Data will be collected on an opt-in basis from all Superuser users, not just those with Elite.
I’m always looking for more features to put in, and am very open to suggestions from the users. If you have an idea for something that’ll make Superuser or Elite better, please leave it in the comments and I’ll look into it.
Superuser ELite is available exclusively in the Android Market, search for it or scan the QR code above. Cost is currently $1.00, or similar in your local currency. The price will increase soon, when 3.0 is fully released and available from the market. The app will likely be $3.00 at that point.