I asked on twitter what your favorite root apps are, and here are the results, with their market links.
9. ShootMe (free) – Shake or shout to take a screen shot of your phone. It can use the light sensor on your phone if it’s there, and even record video screencasts on some high-end phones.
8. Screenshot ER 2 ($1.49) – Shake, delay or notification icon capture. Also works on Honeycomb.
7. drocap2 (free) – Shake, delay or notification capture, like ER, only this one is free.
6. Terminal Emulator (free) – Terminal for your phone. Full access to the linux command line, if you know how to use it.
5. AdFree Android (free) – Block adds in the browser and apps with an updated hosts file. Please buy apps to support devs if you’re gonna use this.
4. SetCPU ($1.99) – Control the minimum and maximum frequencies of your phones CPU, as well as which governor controls them.
3. ROM Manager (free) A must have app for anyone who likes to change ROMs regularly. Easily download and flash a new ROM, or backup your current ROM. Buy the Premium version ($5.86) for even more ROMs and features.
2. Root Explorer (~$3.88) – A great file explorer for full access to the entire filesystem on your phone.
So there you have it. Top 9 root apps voted for by you. Try ‘em all out. Enjoy!